Judging will be according to AGS rules, Scoring Option "C" for ALL CLASSES. For additional information on AGS rules, see http://americangourdsociety.org/judging.html.
Judging Points for Category 1: Dried Gourds/Growers
• 50% Cultural Perfection: mature, clean, and free of imperfections, such as bug scars, etc.
• 50% True to Type: represents the ideal shape and size of its type name
Judging Points for Category 2: Crafted Gourds and Category 3: Other, Class 107
• 45% Workmanship: skill, technique and attention to detail
• 45% Creativity: originality and impact of design; use of color and line; enhancement of gourds natural beauty and shape.
• 10% Gourd Quality: gourd variety, size, shape and structure “fit” well with the overall design used. (A note may be included with the entry for a gourd is used where a major blemish or flaw is incorporated in the design or presentation of the gourd.
Judging Points for Category 3: Other, Class 106
• 50% Workmanship: skill, technique and attention to detail
• 50% Creativity: originality and impact of design; use of color and line
Entries in each class of competition may be awarded:
In addition, in the Youth Division, a green participation ribbon is given to those who did not place in the top three.
Special Ribbons are given for:
One year SMGS membership will be given to: